European Advertising In Games Forum
Morgen vindt in Londen het European Advertising In Games Forum plaats. In-game advertising (het adverteren in games) is de snelst groeiende vorm van adverteren aldus Jack Myer in Media Business Report 2006.
- With 250 million computer and video game units sold in 2004, and over $25 billion in revenues, the electronic gaming sector is now the fastest growing sector in the entertainment industry.
- The average age of a console gamer is now 29, with an above-average education and income. It?s no longer about kids in their bedrooms, games are taking media time and awareness directly from TV viewership.
- In 2004, TV viewership declined by 12% in the target group of males 18-34 years old while, at the same time, this group spent 20% more time playing games.
- The fastest growing media segments in 2006 will be videogame advertising (40%), online advertising (27%), movie screen advertising (25%), branded entertainment (18%), local/regional cable television (12.8%) and custom publishing (10%), whereas TV ad spend will actually decline.
- 3/4 of households with a male age 8-34 own at least one videogames console.
- Independent tests by companies such as Nielsen Entertainment show that recall of ads in games is as high as 60% thanks to the immersive and interactive game environments they are placed in.