Spam, spam, spam!
Volgens Brightmail neemt de hoeveelheid spam (sending people annoying messages) nog steeds toe: 40% van het dagelijkse e-mailverkeer bestaat uit spam (vorige jaar nog 8%). De meest irritante van de afgelopen periode: “Protect Your Computer Against Viruses for $9.95”.
The company?s statistics indicates that more than 5.5 million unsolicited emails were intercepted during November, three percent more than in October.
The research also reveals that 15 percent of unsolicited email is of a pornographic nature, while financial services mail accounts for 32 percent of all spam.
Product advertising accounted for 29 percent of all unsolicited email sent during November 2002, according to the filtering firm.
According to new figures from email company Brightmail, four in 10 emails received by computer users are junk mail – here are the worst offenders:
. “Protect Your Computer Against Viruses for $9.95”
2. “Verification Department” (credit card scam)
3. “Refinancing? Get a FREE quote on any mortgage loan program”
4. “Printer Cartridges – Save up to 80% – free shipping offer”
5. “Miniature Remote Control Car. Great Gift!”
6. “$100 FREE, Please Play Now!” – online casinos
7. “Online Auction Marketing Secrets!” – online auction marketing scam
8. “Important news Kuira” – advertising septic systems
9. “URGENT & CONFIDENTIAL” – Nigerian scam spam asking millions of email users to help free up usurped government coffers
10. “GET A FREE PASS TO THOUSANDS OF XXX SITES!” pornography