Senior Category Manager
Ask any Dutch internet user about their favorite Marktplaats story. Observe their excitement about the great deal they found or the interesting people they met. They have made Marktplaats the most popular site in the Netherlands.
On an average day, Marktplaats handles over 1 million unique visitors, 350.000 new advertisements and 155.000 transactions. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love.
We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us. This is a big responsibility; you will improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats and eBay.
We are currently looking for a smart, motivated, entrepreneurial person to join the Marktplaats Automotive and Verticals team as
Senior Category Manager
- You define and implement the commercial strategy for vehicle categories (Cars, Caravans, Motorbikes, Boats) on Marktplaats and the new cars and lead management business, Nieuweautokopen.nl.
- You are in the lead for running the day-to-day business together with a Category Manager and a Professional Seller expert
- You run strategic projects, lead cross-functional teams to implement plans, set targets and deadlines, and track project performance
- Identify and prioritize new ideas that improve monetization of product streams (pricing, proposition, marketing, sales)
- Monitor and report on market conditions and trends. Assess competitive threats. And identify growth opportunities in the market
- You know the customer; Identify and research consumer and business needs
- You report to the Head of Automotive and Verticals, member of the Management Team of Marktplaats.
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in Economics, Marketing or equivalent
- Your language fluent in English, and preferably Dutch
- Have at least 8 years in a commercial role with P&L responsibility in an online or technology business. B2B experience is preferred and affinity with automotive industry is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and analytical skills
- Possess a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms the strategy into action
- Enjoy working in a fun, harmonious, dynamic and high energy environment
Reageer op deze vacature
Apply online by sending your application to email@example.com.
Agency calls are not appreciated
Keywords: Job vacancy, Full-time, Amsterdam, E-commerce marketeer, Category Management.